Butte County General Plan
· US Green Building Council, Northern California Chapter
· Cool California – Resources for individuals, homeowners, businesses, students, and teachers
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
· CaliforniaFIRST – Finance improvements at your home or business
· Energy Upgrade California – Receive financial assistance to improve the energy efficiency of your home
· PG&E rebates – rebates for PG&E customers for appliances, lighting, and heating and cooling improvements
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
· State of California Climate Change Portal
· State of California, Governors Office of Planning and Research, 2011
Water Conservation At Home
At-Home Water Conservation Guide
Save Our Water
· California Urban Water Conservation Council
State Climate Action Planning Resources
· Cool California Local Government Toolkit
· California Institute for Local Government San Francisco Bay Area Climate Portal
· California Air Pollution Control Officers Association Model Policies for Greenhouse Gases in General Plans (download)
California Policy and Regulation
Assembly Bill 32 requires California to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020. The 2008 AB 32 Scoping Plan identifies early action and long-term measures to achieve this goal, including a recommended reduction by local governments.
· AB 32, the 2006 California Global Warming Solutions Act
· AB 32 Fact Sheet http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/factsheets/ab32factsheet.pdf
· AB 32 Scoping Plan Summary http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/facts/scoping_plan_fs.pdf
· AB 32 Scoping Plan, Full Document http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/scopingplan/scopingplan.htm
SB 375 enhances California's ability to reach its AB 32 goals by promoting good planning with the goal of more sustainable communities.
· SB 375, Regional Targets for Transportation-Related Emissions Reductions
· California Air Resources Board SB 375 Homepage
· Butte County Association of Governments adopted Sustainable Communities Strategy for implementing SB 375 in Butte County.
California Environmental Quality Act and Climate Change
· SB 97, CEQA Guidelines and Climate Change
SB 97 (Dutton), adopted in 2007, directs the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research to develop recommended changes to the State’s CEQA guidelines to address greenhouse gas emissions .
Climate Change Adaptation
· California Adaptation Planning Guide (2012)
The Adaptation Planning Guide provides step-by-step guidance to local governments for adapting to the impacts of climate change.
· Our Changing Climate 2012: Vulnerability and Adaptation to the Increasing Risks from Climate Change in California
California Natural Resources Agency, 2012
The California Natural Resources Agency and other state agencies prepared this third annual report of climate change vulnerabilities and opportunities to mitigate climate-change impacts. The report highlights findings for key state sectors, including agriculture, public health, and transportation.
· California Climate Adaptation Strategy
California Natural Resources Agency, 2009
The California Climate Adaptation Strategy presents anticipated impacts of climate change in California and ways in which the state may become more resilient.